Bid Manager, Highways – UK Wide
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consultancy with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Role: Senior Bid Manager/ Director
You will be responsible for creating and overseeing key business development proposals within the Highways and Transportation Sector and contributing to sector strategy. This is a key function in our sector to allow for continued and sustainable growth. You will be collaborating with various teams both internally and externally, so communication and the ability to communicate persuasively in writing and verbally is key.
You will be working to ensure that the bids are sensible and also profitable for the business, researching market trends and formulating a winning strategy to help us succeed.
- Working with Sector Director to identify opportunities on which to submit bids and feeding into the decision over whether to bid for the work
- Working with the Sector Director to develop and implement the Highways and Transportation Sector Strategy
- Ability to devise a successful strategy for winning a bid, including pinpointing the unique selling points (key differentiators) of our organisation, knowing our company’s operating and profit margins and understanding the clients’ specific requirements
- Engaging and developing excellent working relationships with supply chain partners
- Supporting thought leadership and event organisation
- Researching, writing and/or checking proposals
- Championing collaboration and working with key members of project teams and the client organisation to obtain the information required to compile the bid
- Assessing and addressing the technical and commercial risks to ensure a sensible bid.
- Responding to clients’ and other stakeholders’ queries before, during and after the bid has been submitted to ensure quality of service.
- Overseeing the bid team during the bid process and making sure deadlines are met
- Briefing the teams who will carry out the project work upon a successful bid thoroughly, ensuring full understanding.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualifications||- Degree educated or equivalent qualification|
|Experience|| - Over 7 years of previous experience in a similar role.|
- Civil Engineering consultancy experience
- Experience in the highways and transportation sector
coupled with a willingness to keep up to date with
industry trends, regulations and legislation
- Commercial thinking
- Previous experience leading bids and winning them
|Skills|| - Excellent written and verbal communication skills|
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Problem-solving skills
- Relationship-building and influencing skills