About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Bid Manager to assist us in our bid process within our Highways and Transport division. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels with potential clients. The workload can be quite demanding and there will be key deadlines that will need to be met to ensure bids are submitted in a timely fashion. You will also have support of the wider team from within our Highways and Transport division.
Some of the main aspects will be to identify and prepare written proposals to Clients to form a strong prospectus and give us the best opportunity to win the bids, this could be both with existing or new business, within both private and public sector.
- Identify and be part of the discussion process surrounding bid opportunities
- Discuss the best plans and liaise with SLT to ensure the best ways we can win the bids.
- Form relationships with all stakeholders to be able to understand their requirements and provide a solution to this through our bids.
- Establish, manage and maintain an approved budget
- Flexibility to attend key meetings potentially at client offices.
- Develop technical expertise to differentiate the regional business from competing regional businesses
- Encourage collaborative input from across the business division to ensure expertise is maximised.
- Ensure that any identified risk is highlighted.
- Support the essential inclusion of Sustainability when moving forward with any bids.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme
- Open to discussions around flexible working
|Qualifications||Degree educated or equivalent qualification|
|Experience|| - Over 7 years of previous experience in a similar role.|
- Civil Engineering consultancy experience
- Previous experience leading bids and winning them
|- Experience working in a highways and/or transport team|
|Skills|| - Attention to detail |
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to be persuasive
- Ability to negotiate