Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Associate Highways Engineer to support our Yorkshire and North West teams and grow our existing Highways design capabilities. In addition, work includes original feasibility through to the construction and handover for highway infrastructure, drainage, structures and bridges with various other civil engineering projects for a variety of clients. The role requires management, commercial contract delivery and technical leadership experience and skills aligned with supporting work winning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience of leading design teams and managing resources effectively;
- Extensive experience of leading civil engineering, or multi-discipline, projects with a client facing role;
- Preparation of highway design and specifications;
- Chairing client and consultation project meetings;
- Preparing technical reports, fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE, CDM and QA aspects;
- Business development through consolidating existing client relationships and seeking out new business;
- ECC / NEC Contract Administration;
- Construction support for project delivery, directly or as part of client teams;
- Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost effective way;
- Providing technical guidance to others;
- Reporting as necessary on projects and progress;
- Working with both public and private sector clients on projects;
- Mentoring Engineers.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. As a result, at Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualification|| Civil engineering degree or a relevant discipline;|
ECC / NEC Supervisor of Project Manager accreditation.
|Chartered MICE or MIHT.|
|Experience|| Previous Highways design experience at an Associate level;|
Experience of technical design leadership, assessment, maintenance work;
UK experience of scheme delivery from feasibility to construction through the planning and DCO process;
Understanding of Highways schemes, Eurocodes and their application to bridge design, Design Manual for Bridges, British Standards and other codes;
Delivery of site construction support and administration of contracts;
Development of procurement and tender contracts and advice.
|Previous experience of an engineering organisation.|
|Skills|| Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills;|
Be able to work well in teams and provide efficient direction to graduates;
Leadership and mentoring experience.
| Experience of AutoCAD and digital design software;|
Knowledge of design codes.