Associate Geoenvironmental Consultant, Environment Team – Birmingham, Wakefield, Nottingham, Exeter or London
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consultancy with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
We are looking for an Associate Geoenvironmental Consultant to join our team of geo-specialists and to help grow the team’s capabilities and capacity. Duties will include general geoenvironmental consultancy activities on a variety of projects based throughout the UK. A primary interest in the land quality, contamination assessment and waste management field is required, although the team offers integrated geotechnical and geoenvironmental services so some capability and interest in engineering geology and general ground investigation practice is valuable.
The existing team is based in Exeter however applications from the London or Birmingham areas are actively encouraged as much of the geoenvironmental project work derives from the London area and the Midlands. Whatever the location some travelling can be expected with occasional short duration stays away.
Pell Frischmann is a multidisciplinary professional services provider and geoenvironmental team members work closely with our in-house geotechnical, ecology, drainage, flood risk, civil, waste and planning support colleagues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include general land development-related work, for example ground investigation scheduling and overseeing, Phase 1 and Phase 2 assessments, remedial strategy reports, verification work, due diligence reporting and Part 2A studies. Familiarity with geochemical data assessment and contaminated land statistical methods is essential.
- Project Management of projects as required with good commercial awareness and financial control
- Leading technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
- Technical quality of own and team’s work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation
- Coordinating technical input from across Pell Frischmann and our partner companies
- Ensuring deliverables meet the client’s needs and are provided cost effectively and to an exemplary standard
- Monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of own discipline team members and project resources
- Line management and mentoring of individuals within the team
- Undertake the performance appraisals for all reporting staff and support learning and development opportunities
- Engage in business development, client and third-party liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation, new and repeat work
- Contributing to and preparing bids
- Advocating the team’s services internally to our framework managers and technical leads
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
- Ensure compliance with internal management system procedures.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualifications|| • A Degree in (typically) geoenvironmental science or geoenvironmental engineering|
• Member of a relevant environmental professional body
| • A similar, specialist post graduate qualification.|
• Chartered member of a relevant professional body
|Experience||• Minimum 15 years’ experience working in a UK consultancy working environment for private and public-sector developers and operators, on a range of development / infrastructure project.|
|Skills|| • Full familiarity with UK land contamination policy, practice and guidance documents.|
• Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
• A collaborative nature, demonstrating strong relationships with partner companies in the supply chain
• Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to all members of the team
• Excellent commercial understanding of environmental consultancy procurement
• A valid UK driving licence.
|• Familiar with GIS (QGIS, ArcGIS) and Holebase.|