About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods
Main Purpose of the Job
As an experienced Associate/Principal Engineer and integral member of the highways team, you will be working on all types of highways schemes from feasibility through to implementation. Providing management experience and direction to the project team on all forms of projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical input into major / minor highway and infrastructure schemes;
- Able to coordinate the completion of Technical designs to relevant design standards;
- Able to prepare technical reports and detailed exercises to support developments from initial site appraisal to detailed planning applications/technical approvals;
- Maintain a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods;
- Check/approve work, able to confidently discuss schemes in detail;
- Supervise technical work of other staff as required;
- Management responsibility for Highways and Infrastructure projects;
- Able to evaluate, write tenders/project scopes including financial aspects;
- Manage project finances, project scope and delivery expectations;
- Attend Client and client team meetings as required;
- Provide support and guidance to the team and provide support to the planning team;
- Supervise site based projects as required;
- Coordinate and liaise input from other PF offices;
- Comply with all Company Procedures and Work Instructions;
- Assist in monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of team members.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We have a great team focus working collaboratively to innovate on projects. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed into an area but encouraged to thrive and develop through involvement in our dynamic, multidiscipline projects. If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits a small portion of which are listed below!
- 25 days Annual Leave + buy, sell and carry over;
- Life Assurance at 4x base salary;
- Season Ticket loans;
- Salary sacrifice benefits.
|Qualification|| Degree in a relevant engineering degree;|
HNC as a minimum.
|Experience|| A minimum of 10 years of highways design experience;|
Experience of managing teams including coordinating with multi dis team;
Understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works;
Full understanding of current design standards and typical construction principals;
Experience in resolving design issues including resolving comments from the Local Authority;
Understanding of project finances including utilisation, costing and forward;
Able to write fee proposals and tenders;
Confident to express ideas/results in meetings.
|Skills|| Communication skills: verbal and written;|
Able to evaluate costs, value against budgets;
Fully conversant with Microsoft Project / programme software, able to interrogate and establish key milestones/work processes.