About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the role:
The Catchment Management team in our Exeter office is currently recruiting for an Associate to lead and expand the team. The successful candidate will be the technical lead on a range of diverse drainage modelling, flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage strategy and drainage infrastructure projects, working with Local Authorities, Water Companies and Infrastructure Clients.
Work will involve surface water drainage, SuDS, wastewater networks, urban watercourses and rivers. Many of the projects will involve integrated urban drainage modelling and working in partnership with a number of risk management authorities and utilities. You will provide technical leadership of flood strategy / management projects, be responsible for the oversight of environmental inputs, hydraulic modelling and hydrological studies.
Based in our Exeter Office (although other UK locations will be considered), you will possess a minimum of 10-15 years+ with post qualification experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Management of assigned projects as required with good commercial awareness and financial control;
- Framework / project management of strategic flooding and drainage related projects for local authorities, the EA and Water Companies;
- Developing a specialist catchment / flood risk management team across the UK utilising and developing staff across the Water sector;
- Monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of own discipline team members and project resources;
- Undertake marketing and business development role promoting the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation and repeat work;
- Ensure the technical quality of own and team’s work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation;
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members;
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We have a great team focus working collaboratively to innovate on projects. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed into an area but encouraged to thrive and develop through involvement in our dynamic, multidiscipline projects. If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits a small portion of which are listed below!
- 25 days Annual Leave + buy, sell and carry over;
- Life Assurance at 4x base salary;
- Season Ticket loans;
- Salary sacrifice benefits.
- Full Learning & Development programme.
|Qualification||Degree Level Civil Engineering.|| Masters or Higher Degree in Civil Engineering, Geography or similar;|
Chartered CEng MICE or CWEM, CIWEM.
|Experience|| Minimum of 15 years' experience of drainage / flooding based projects;|
Experience of modelling surface water drainage, watercourses and waste water networks, preferably using Infoworks ICM (Incl 2D), Flood Modeller (ISIS), TUFLOW (1D-ESTRY & 2D) or MicroDrainage;
Experience working within a consulting engineering organisation.
|Skills|| Highly effective verbal and written communication skills;|
Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills.
| A self-starter with the drive and skills to build relationships, identify opportunities and work collaboratively with other disciplines;|
Good commercial skills within the Water Engineering sector with a good understanding of other engineering and environmental disciplines.