About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Based in our Luton office you will support our design teams delivering project in the Highways, Rail Infrastructure and Building sectors. The successful post holder will be responsible for the delivery of technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client’s brief.
Reporting to the Principal Project Manager you will be responsible for managing the effective delivery of our design services across a range of varied and interesting projects to cost, programme and the required quality. This will be a challenging and exciting role which will be well suited to a highly motivated and organised team player.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Support on the health, safety and wellbeing of the project team.
- Manage project controls through Pell Frischmann and client systems.
- Interface with client team counterpart to determine client expectations, acting as a trusted advisor.
- Review and advise on the contract scope and discuss with project delivery team.
- Support the management of the interface between the client and Pell Frischmann.
- Support the management of reporting and cost controls for your own projects and in collaboration with the Principal Project Manager leading larger project.
- Forecasting cost to complete reporting to the client using both client processes and systems and Pell Frischmann’s.
- Support risk workshops where appropriate (in-line with internal and client expectations).
- Ensure the team are aware of the hours required to complete the deliverables required of them and manage internal changes.
- With support from the Principal Project Manager carry out all Project Manager notifications associated with execution of the contract including: Change Controls, Quotations and Early Warnings.
- Undertake scheduling in collaboration with the Principal Project Manager on the project.
- Ensure that quality procedures are being adhered.
- Set up regular internal/ external progress meetings.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualifications||• Appropriate HNC, HND or degree in a relevant discipline|| • Member of a professional institution|
• APMP, Prince 2, NEC or other relevant Project Management qualification.
|Experience|| • A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a formal Project Manager role|
• A basic understanding of all relevant standards and Codes of Practice and Health and Safety Legislation within the construction industry
| • Experience of the Engineering Sector|
• Experience of managing design works
|Skills|| • Ability to interrogate, question and challenge information|
• Ability to co-ordinate the submission of accurate reports to predetermined deadlines
• Understanding of project management, project controls and procedures normally associated with a major integrated infrastructure project
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Project (or Primavera P6)
• Previous experience of commercial contract/ project management
• Experience managing internal teams and interfacing with client organisations.
| • Commercial awareness|
• Detailed knowledge of MS Excel and MS Project.