Assistant Engineer / Technician
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Roads & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, Civil Structures and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
We firmly believe in equal opportunities for all and strive to create an engaging environment, that allows for all employees to have a focused career path and guided progression.
Main Purpose of the Job
We are looking for an Assistant Transport Planner / Technician to join a growing division to help assist with the technical delivery of a variety of transport related projects. Projects you will be working on are will be varied and will include residential developments, commercial masterplanning and renewable energy market in the UK, Ireland and Northern Europe.
This role will be a 100% home working role. The team however do have regular face to face catch up meetings, so there will be some need to commute to Edinburgh at least once a month.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing swept path assessment drawings and attending site visits;
- Provide support on a range of transport planning projects, including the preparation of transport assessments and travel plans to support planning applications
- Undertaking traffic and junction modelling
- Undertaking site visits and surveys and managing sub-consultants as appropriate
- Prepare site access drawings and access feasibility studies
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop. If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 5-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme
- Open to discussions on flexible working
|Qualification||Existing Engineering related qualification or apprenticeship|| • Degree in Transport, Mathematics, Geography, Civil Engineering, Planning or a related subject (essential).|
• MSc in Transport Planning/Engineering
|Experience|| • 2-4 years' transport planning experience|
• Good working knowledge of CAD and GIS
| • Arcady, Picady andLinSig, would be beneficial|
• Experience of working within a consultancy
• Experience in junction design at least at the concept design level
• Experience civil engineering detailing
Experience in 3D Civils design
|Skills|| • Excellent presentation & report writing skills|
• Efficient communication skills, excellent level of written and spoken English
• Full driving licence