Apprentice Digital Engineering Technician
Apprentice Digital Engineering Technician
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water and Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
We are looking to enhance and grow our team with individuals who share our values to support our expanding workload. The Building Structure team is seeking Digital Engineering Technician apprentices to join their team. The role will be primarily supporting the building structures team but with opportunities to support other engineering teams within the office.
Projects recently completed by the Building Structures team include the award winning Zayed Children’s Centre, the refurbishment of Centrepoint in Central London and the Music Box in Southwark. Their work regularly requires the use of cutting-edge software, advanced modelling, visualisation and analytical techniques
The right candidate will need to demonstrate a desire to be challenged and a willingness to learn. In return we offer a challenging and rewarding role, career development, a supportive working environment and competitive reward package. This is a great opportunity to play an important part in delivering significant future construction and infrastructure projects.
Summary of Role
The role will involve learning engineering design within an office environment, producing BIM models, drawings and visualisations using modelling software and assisting the engineering throughout project delivery. You will report to the Pell Frischmann BIM manager.
You will be trained in the following tasks:
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams, developing schemes from feasibility to completion ensuring the successful delivery of projects
- Develop an understanding and proficiency on BIM software packages, primarily Autodesk REVIT
- The preparation and editing of 3D BIM models to prepare outputs including 2D working drawings, quantities and scheduling under the guidance of the BIM Manager and team
- Communicating with design team members, exchanging digital information between BIM and analysis environments
- Develop an understanding of industry relevant standards and codes
- Attend site when required
- Supporting the delivery of projects through basic office administration activities, document management etc.
Training – what we offer
Your study will be funded and you will earn an income as an employee of Pell Frischmann over an expected 36 month course.
Pell Frischmann will support your requirement to undertake on the job training throughout the year. During term time you will be required to attend college one day a week and report to the office for the remaining four days a week. Outside of term time you will be expected to attend the office full time.
Employee well-being and development programs supported by company leadership.
Subject to successful completion of their apprenticeship, we hope to offer our apprentices a permanent position at the end of their training.
Opportunities for further professional development are actively encouraged with the prospect that you would go on to achieve a relevant professional qualification such as Technician Member (EngTech MICE) qualification or Technician Member – TIStructE, as part of your career development.
The candidate will be required to be based in our London office and, on occasion, client offices.
|Qualifications|| • Five GCSE grades C - A* (4-9) or equivalent ; Grade 7 or 8 or higher in Mathematics and English; preferred Grade 8 or higher in a Science/Technology/DT would be an advantage.|
• Ideally working towards or have completed a Level 3 qualification (A level (Grades 8-9, BTEC or equivalent) including Mathematics and a Physical Science or their equivalent
|Experience||• No previous experience is necessary although intern or work placements in a relevant industry would be an advantage|
|Skills|| • A creative, practical mindset - a problem solver|
• Ability to work with others in a team
• Self-motivated with a professional attitude to work, committed and enthusiastic.
• Taking responsibility for personal time and quality management, working to agreed deadlines
• Able to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organise project work
• Familiar in working with Office 365 packages, some experience of CAD/BIM packages beneficial but not essential; an aptitude to embrace new technology to improve ways of working
• An aptitude towards software-based engineering and drawing with a good attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills