Graduate Highways Engineer
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the Role
You will provide support to Engineers and Senior Engineers within the design team; and help drive the delivery of a wide range of multi-disciplinary highways projects for public and private sector clients across the UK. The work covers all aspects of design and management from inception through to detailed design and construction support.
Typically, the role will involve:
- Assist with technical delivery of Highway projects
- Produce project layouts, sketches, cross-sections and details using AutoCAD
- Ensure work is technically accurate, in accordance with the appropriate standards.
- Site visits and surveys, inspections and data collection
- Assist with feasibility studies, inspections, assessments, technical reports and other written documents, ensuring compliance with Pell Frischmann procedures
- Plan and manage your work to meet project needs
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
|Qualification||• BSc/MSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent|
|Experience|| • AutoCAD|
• Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
| • Use of applications for the design of traffic signs, road markings and drainage|
• Hold a valid UK driving license
|Skills|| • Ability to work on own initiative|
• Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment.