Associate Flood Risk Engineer
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Drainage and Flood Risk team in our Nottingham office is currently recruiting for an Associate to lead the team and play a leading part in the direction and capabilities of the wider team. The team works on diverse flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage strategy and drainage infrastructure projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result, you will gain exposure to a range of exciting projects within a collaborative working environment, allowing for you to continue your professional development with us.
We are seeking a technically competent, motivated and credible person to lead the team delivering these projects covering areas such as West Bersted, Barnham Easter Gate and Wester Gate, Easter Gate, Shireoaks, East Wittering.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing to developing a specialist flood risk management and drainage team across the UK utilising and developing staff across the company.
- Framework / project management of strategic flooding and drainage related projects for developers, local authorities, the Environment Agency and water companies;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
- Line management and mentoring of individuals within the section;
- Carrying out own discipline technical and other work as required on assigned projects;
- Technical quality of work from team (own discipline); and
- Business development – promote the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme
- Open to discussions around flexible working
|Qualifications|| • Suitable science or civil engineering degree|
• Professionally qualified.
|• Chartered Engineer|
|Experience|| • Experience contributing towards tender responses and bids|
• A good understanding of the responsibilities and collaborative funding mechanisms of water companies lead local flood authorities and the Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage.
• Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new developments and as retrofit.
| • Previous experience of a consulting engineering organisation |
• Experience of modelling of surface water drainage, watercourses and waste water networks, preferably using Flood Modeller (ISIS), Infoworks ICM (Incl. 2D), TUFLOW (1D-ESTRY & 2D) or MicroDrainage.
|Skills|| • Highly effective communication skills; verbal & written|
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
• Ability to represent PF at client and stakeholder meetings.