Pell Frischmann began as C. J. Pell & Partners in 1926; it was a small firm of some 30 engineers primarily working on buildings in London. In 1958, Dr Wilem Frischmann joined – followed shortly by Sudhu Prabhu – and together, as business partners, they succeeded Cecil Pell as owners and eventually the firm was renamed Pell Frischmann. The business partnership remained successful for over four decades, helping grow the firm from those modest beginnings to one of the largest in the UK. Moreover, they looked further afield, opening up successful businesses in the Middle East – Conseco in 1975 – and in India – Frischmann Prabhu in 1995.
Throughout this time, Pell Frischmann became known for its innovation – leading to our tagline, “excellence through innovation”. It is evidenced by our long history of “firsts” ranging from the first repainting of the Forth Rail Bridge, the first toll motorway in Jamaica to the first building piling straddling planned tunnelling works in London.
Our strong foundations has enabled Pell Frischmann to be at the top of our field for 100 years and will be for the next 100. We are at the forefront of the digital revolution, developing software and services that use big data analytics and machine learning to deliver projects smarter and faster.